HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We need volunteers to assist with specific committee work to:
- Analyze maps and suggest appropriate bike & pedestrian routes, then prioritize routes for new bike lanes, paths and sidewalks based upon criteria.
- Develop a web site, newsletter, blog, twitter or Facebook messaging, public relations, press releases etc.
- Create a Bicycle Pedestrian Master Plan for Cape Coral.
- Liaison with Parks Department, Police Department, Economic Development Office, schools, libraries in developing or assisting with events focused on bicycle and pedestrian safety and other walking and bike events such as Tour De Cape.
- Assist in promoting safety and enhancing eco-tourism with bike and pedestrian networks within the city.
- Develop grants and sponsorship opportunities to assist the city in creating additional bike lanes, paths and sidewalks.
- Liaison with City of Cape Coral, Lee County, BikeWalkLee and other relevant groups in promoting and enhancing our bicycle and pedestrian network.
- Assist in building pathways in cooperation with the City of Cape Coral and Lee County once funding is secured.
Click on Donate to see all of the ways you can support this effort. Click on Join Us to volunteer.